As a service to our clients, we at Cole Miller PLLC and Divorce Magazine are pleased to provide you with this monthly e-newsletter and hope that the information and articles contained within are helpful and supportive.
- Thinking About Divorce? Where You Start Matters
The sooner you start the divorce process, the sooner you can start planning for your future.
- 5 Steps to Saving Your Credit from Your Ex
How your credit can be affected by your ex-spouse even after divorce, and what you can do to protect yourself.
- What to Do When Divorced Parents Disagree on the COVID-19 Vaccine
Beware that in the interest of the children, the court can step in.
- Bird Nesting After Divorce: Honoring Our Family’s History
Because of birds nesting, we’re surrounded by memories of how our family came to be.
- Newly Single? Here Are 8 Things to Look Forward to
While working through some of the emotions, keep your eyes on these perks that are nearly exclusive to singlehood.
- Six Ways to Ask for a Divorce Without Causing a World War
When you ask for a divorce, you must anticipate the fears, needs, and negative emotions that your spouse will experience.
- Preparing Your Finances to Buy a House Post-Divorce
If you have your heart set on a new home, here are some financial tips that you can use to make your best attempt.
- 4 Tips for Taking a Post-Divorce Summer Vacation
A post-divorce summer vacation can be a time of healing after a stressful period.
- Things You Must Do when Co-Parenting After Divorce
Civil co-parenting after divorce is essential because it will determine how well your child adjusts to post-divorce issues.
- How to Regain Confidence After Divorce
Divorce destroys so much within us, but there is a way through it all.
- Maintaining Your House During Divorce: A Quick Guide
If you own your home, deciding what to do with the house will be one of the largest financial decisions during divorce.
- How Divorced Parents Can Plan Ahead for College Costs
Tackling college costs is stressful enough for any family. For separated or divorced parents, planning for college can be an extra source of stress and contention.
- Enjoying Father’s Day Alone Post-Divorce
If your children won’t be with you, keeping active can help dispel gloomy thoughts. Here are 7 ways to get through the holiday.
- 5 Myths About Co-Parenting After Divorce
After a divorce, you start a new type of relationship with your ex. Don’t talk yourself into believing these myths.
- Are You Stuck in the Rejection Phase After Divorce? 5 Ways to Know
If you are stuck in the rejection phase, it means that you haven’t faced your fears or painful emotions yet. Here are 5 signs that you’re stuck.
- Healthy Divorce: How to Make Your Split as Smooth as Possible
Avoid the stress and agony of divorce by putting in the work to move on in a healthy way and start the rest of your life.
- How to Manage Your Money for a Promising Future Post-Divorce
Find out how you can quickly put money back into your bank account after divorce.
- 7 Tips for Women Coping with Sadness on Mother’s Day
Many women are coping with sadness on Mother’s Day: perhaps over losing their children to their ex, yearning to be a mother, or being estranged from their own mothers.
- How the COVID-19 Crisis Has Changed the Family Dynamic
To ensure healthy habits with family, take a step back, be respectful, and communicate as effectively as possible.
- Stages of Grief During Divorce
Grief can be a part of the divorce process and beyond. It is mourning what was and will never be again.
- 5 Crucial Things to Consider When Filing for a Divorce
There are many things to think about when considering or starting a divorce; here are the most important items to discuss with your attorney.
- 4 Clever Ways to Make Money From Home After Divorce
Going through divorce during a pandemic may give you extra reasons to need to make money from home. Here are a few potential sources of income to consider.
- Finding Things to Celebrate When Going Through Divorce
Celebrate” and “divorce” don’t usually go hand-in-hand. But you can find joy and even celebrate parts of it – if you look in the right places.
- Positive Habits to Develop When Going Through Divorce
Developing some useful new habits – such as eliminating negative thoughts & people from your life – will help you get through this difficult time.
- How to Make Divorce Easier for Your Children
While you will have some painful moments no matter what you do, these tips will help to make the transition as easy as possible for your children.
- Choosing Your Family Law Professional During Divorce
Here is a list of some divorce professionals you may want to consider.
- 9 Issues that Will Need Your Attention During the Divorce Process
The sooner you start to address these issues during your divorce, the better off you will be.
- Managing The Fear Of Dealing With Your Finances After A Divorce
Here are seven tips on how to manage the stresses and anxieties while taking care of your finances after divorce.
- How I Prepared My Child When I Got Divorced
It might be one of the most difficult conversations you will have, but you must do it right.
- Reconnecting To Self Is “Key” To Divorce Recovery
Reconnecting to yourself is an important step in moving forward once on the other side of divorce.
- 6 Mistakes to Avoid When You’re Planning to Divorce
Learn the dos and don’ts before you start planning your divorce. Although it is a stressful process, by avoiding these mistakes, you can go through divorce relatively smoothly.
- Divorced? Consider These 5 Things Before Buying a New House
While you are transitioning from married to divorced, there are several things to take into account if you’re thinking about purchasing a new home.
- 5 Ways to Beat Anxiety After Divorce
Divorce can be one of the most stressful times in your life, and it often comes with a myriad of negative feelings. Here’s how to beat divorce anxiety before it beats you.
- Moving on and Finding New Love After a Divorce with Children
It’s time to step forward into the unknown, trust yourself, trust your kids, and trust the process. Be open to finding new love – for yourself, and to show your kids what a healthy relationship looks like.
- 6 Ways to Heal from Divorce and Move On
It can be very difficult to heal from divorce, but you can do it. Give yourself time and compassion, use these helpful tips, and – with a few inevitable setbacks – things will get better every day.
- Top Benefits of Hiring a Divorce Lawyer
One of the prime benefits of hiring a divorce lawyer is that it can protect you from making mistakes you’ll have to live with for the rest of your life; it also levels the playing field if your spouse hires one.
- Unhappy New Year? Tips to Help You Move on after Divorce
If you’re in the throes of unhappy emotions now, read this article for some ideas on how to get through it.
- How To Free Yourself Financially From Your Ex-Spouse
There are many strategies to use – and mistakes to avoid – that can help protect your financial security during divorce. Here are a few tips to help you move towards financial freedom.
- How To Guide Your Kids Through Divorce
If you’re going through the divorce process, here are things you can try to make it easier on yourself and your children.
- I’m Single and Have NO Interest In Dating Since My Divorce
No, I’m not dating or looking to date.