As a service to our clients, we at Cole Miller PLLC and Divorce Magazine are pleased to provide you with this monthly e-newsletter and hope that the information and articles contained within are helpful and supportive.
- Money Problems Plus Narcissism Equals Divorce
As a CPA who has counseled many couples, I’ve seen this formula before. Learn how to deal with splitting assets and debts while divorcing a narcissist here.
- Finding Fault in No-Fault Divorce
No-fault divorce laws were intended to stop spouses from fabricating fault claims to obtain a divorce – not for misconduct, but because they were unhappy together.
- Part I: What is Gaslighting? 6 Types of Gaslighting Techniques
After being subjected to gaslighting, the victim is left wondering if there is something wrong with them. Here is a definition of the 6 types of gaslighting.
- Don’t Forget These 10 Things in Your Parenting Plan
After reviewing these suggestions, you may have your own ideas for other provisions. Focus on what’s important to you and your child.
- What to Expect When Your Ex Remarries
Your ex’s remarriage can affect your financial life: retirement funds and estate plans often need to be reconfigured if either one of you marries again.
- Financial Co-Parenting: 4 Ways to Save Your Money and Your Sanity
Raising a child apart can be costly and stressful. Here’s how to do it right.
- Divorce Does Not Define You – But How You Behave During Divorce Does
How to handle and react to high levels of stress are critical skills to nurture during the divorce process. How you conduct yourself during divorce will define you.
- This Father’s Day, Let’s Celebrate Single Dads!
Instead of marginalizing single dads, let’s celebrate their accomplishments!
- 10 Tips for Telling Your Kids You’re Getting a Divorce
Telling your kids is a critical conversation requiring careful thought and planning. Use these tips to help smooth the path ahead.
- 5 Tricks for Improving Sleep Quality Post-Divorce
Try these tips to improve your sleep quality to be well-rested and ready to take on the day.
- Questions to Ask Before Deciding to Divorce
These questions are critical to understand where you are and where you want to be.
- 6 Harsh Truths You Need to Know During Divorce
Here are some things that you can keep in mind that might make the divorce process easier.
- 7 Ways to Honor Single Moms on Mother’s Day
Single moms, your courage, bravery, and strength is beautiful.
- Joint Custody Exchange Rules
Parenting time and visitation transitions are ripe for parental conflict, and particularly harmful for children.
- How Staying Active Can Benefit You After a Divorce
Sticking to your goals to be active will make you feel confident and capable.
- Divorce Trapped Me, But I Have an Exit Strategy
A three-step formula to feel less trapped by the terms of your divorce.
- How to Choose Your Divorce Financial Professional
When you need a divorce financial specialist, a general financial professional just won’t do.
- What is an Annulment? Why Would You Get One?
An annulment is a declaration that a valid marriage never existed in the first place.
- Daughters of Divorce: Overcoming Your Parents’ Breakup
It’s no longer up to others to help you bounce back from your parents’ divorce.
- Recover and Heal From The Inside Out After Divorce
Once you move through the divorce recovery cycle, you will have cultivated a positive mindset.
- Divorce Quiz: Should I Get a Divorce?
This “signs you need a divorce quiz” has 25 statements and an easy scoring method to help you answer the question “Should I get a divorce?”
- Moving to a Different State When Divorced
Here are the pros and cons of making a decision to move to another state post-divorce – especially when there are children involved.
- Hiding Assets During Divorce
If you suspect your spouse is hiding assets or concealing income, you should take steps to contact a legal professional.
- Building Tolerance for Uncertainty During Divorce
Fear of the unknown during a divorce is like being in a cave of inky darkness. Here’s how to get through it.
- How Being Single After Divorce May Improve Your Life
Single life isn’t all bad. While there may be some not-so-great aspects of it, people should not be afraid to be single.
- How to Prepare for Your First Virtual Conference with a Divorce Lawyer
The better prepared you are, the better you can partner with your divorce lawyer to create positive outcomes for yourself and your family.
- Here’s What My Kids Like About Nesting (And Yours Might, Too!)
Here we are after all this time, still nesting. Our kids still call the same place “home.”
- Selling Your Home After Divorce
It’s important to consult a legal specialist before beginning any kind of process involving ownership or use of your home.
- 5 Signs You Are Ready to Forgive
Are you ready to forgive after divorce? Think of your children, wish your ex well, and learn to let go. Find more about how to forgive here.
- How Divorce Helps You Become More Creative
A divorce may offer you the opportunity to reach your full potential in a particular creative endeavor.
- Divorce Day: Why Marriages Fall Apart in the New Year
The first working Monday of the New Year marks “Divorce Day” – and the start of Divorce Season.
- What Happens If You Separate Finances and Get Divorced?
When a couple gets married, whether or not they should maintain separate finances is often a question.
- Do You Need a Divorce After Spending Too Much Time in Lockdown?
For the unhappily married, the stress of COVID may have led to a breaking point. If this describes you, read these 4 tips on moving forward.
- 7 Tips for Co-parenting With a Narcissistic or High-Conflict Ex
Once you accept that you can only control your own behavior, your life will greatly improve.
- How to Start a New Life After Divorce
Divorce is hard to deal with. That being said, there can be many ways to help make the process a little easier.